Back-end Developer, South Cerney, Cirencester
My client is the largest Private Health Insurance Intermediary in the UK, they are seeking an experienced, pragmatic and focused Back-end Developer to work from their modern offices located in South Cerney.
What’s in it for you:
- A high basic salary up to £35k depending on experience
- Discounted PMI
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Fantastic working environment
Back-end Developer Must have:
- 5+ years’ experience at mid to senior level in a commercial software development environment
- Senior level PHP 7 using OOP and appropriate IDEs
- Excellent Laravel 5 and all associated tools (npm, composer, webpack, etc.) and 'best practice'
- Experience working in Agile teams from requirements, wireframes, user stories, etc.
- Experience working with web services (XML/JSON/REST)
- Working understanding of security practices, e.g. authentication methods, avoiding web app vulnerabilities, etc.
Back-end Developer Nice to have:
- MySQL and Eloquent
- Experience with Kubernetes and microservices
- TDD approach
- GIT Workflow experience
- Experience with SPAs
- Experience with GCP
- Experience with CI / CD
- Background knowledge of FinTech (insurance)
You will be:
- A team player
- A good communicator
- An analytical problem solver
- A self-starter who can work things out
- Keen to be involved in delivering software projects through the full software development life cycle: from requirements gathering to testing and roll out
- Prepared to step up and troubleshoot support calls as and when needed