Business Development Manager
Working for a global testing, inspection and certification business. The UK Electrical EMC & Safety Business have created an excellent reputation for testing, validation and certification of products. In line with growth aspirations to significantly increase the site turnover, are now looking to recruit an entrepreneurial Business Development Manager (BDM) to join their diverse team to maximise current accounts, develop key strategic accounts and develop new business within a number of key Sectors, including:
- Laboratory Equipment
- IT Market
- Domestic and Household
- Arcade Machines
Reporting to the Business Manager, this is a highly market focused, field-based sales role targeted to optimise the sales pipeline for the business.
Initial sales focus will be based on increasing sales of EMC, Electrical Safety product testing, including the CB scheme, and IPXX testing (water and dust) on a variety of Electrical products and to ensure delivery of testing services that meet the clients’ requirements in accordance with a UKAS Quality System, site approvals and equipment.
Wider aspects of the role include:
- To identify key market prospects and generate business leads, opportunities and conversion through customer calls, emails and visits to enable a ‘current’ and ‘targeted’ pipeline.
- Effective data management and allocation of leads to facilitate future sales activities.
- Actively use the available Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool.
- Coordinate with the wider sales team to realise leads into sales and the marketing team to promote new and premium solutions
- Support in organising of seminars and workshops with clients and partners
- Obtain market, industry and competitor information and trends to develop effective business strategies
- Grow accounts to achieve key account status
- Take a pro-active lead in highlighting new services and products – both in the UK and potentially across Europe
- Supporting UK based sales for CBTL Certification
- Supporting the wider UK and European Businesses at a later date (tbc), with relevant cross-sell activities and individual business development where applicable.
- Achievement of quality sales leads quota, conversion and targets
- Generation of monthly business leads and opportunities summary report
- Support Business Commercial Strategy and Business Budget
- Sales conversion and optimisation of existing business
- Realisation of scheduled promotional events
- Management of client base.
- Good listener
- Good Planner & Organiser
- Able to establish new sales prospects
- Able to close deals
- Able to grow accounts and manage their nurturing
- Target driven
- Interested in after care
- Analytical and interested in the competition
- Competitive with a strong drive
- Passion in business development and customer-oriented
- Team orientated
- Diploma or Degree in Business or Marketing or related discipline is desirable
- Demonstrable experience of selling technical products with an ability to rapidly assimilate information and knowledge for commercial gain.
- A ‘can-do’ attitude and target driven
- Technical fluency in relevant electrical standards and ability to pitch complex technical offerings essential – science/engineering qualification is desirable as a highly complex sale
- Experienced in using Customer Relationship Management tools
- Knowledge of sales within the TIC – Electrical and Safety Sector
- Understanding of Key Account Management
- Experience in the ISO Certification Industry will be an advantage
- Gravitas and presence to deal with a range of Stakeholders, internal and external relationships from shop-floor to Senior Management.