Company Location: Stourbridge, West Midlands, United Kingdom
Our client is rapidly becoming a leading global player in their industry. They manufacture, sell, distribute, install and service an innovative homelift solution in domestic homes. Group turnover is approaching £20m.
They were recently listed as 10th in the fourth annual Sunday Times Lloyds SME Export Track 100. The company has now completed installations in more than 20 countries.
Due to the success of the company, we are expanding their team and now require a commercial buyer to work at our Head Office in West Midlands. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer in this newly created position, you will be responsible for all commercial purchasing requirements throughout the business.
- Commercial buying professional
- Self-starter / resourceful
- Previous engagement with R&D processes would be useful
- Some knowledge of different types of manufacturing processes may be helpful
- Technical understanding, ie CAD drawings and specifications.
Duties to Include:
- General purchasing throughout the business to include insurances, transport, IT, R&D rapid prototyping (not production)
- Analysis of spend and elimination of waste
- General cost reduction and management of employee suggestion schemes
You need to be:
- Able to communication well at all levels internally, from shop floor to Director level, and external suppliers
- This position would suit someone either early in their career with a point to prove, or later in their career looking to use skills acquired over a number of years.
- Competitive salary (£30,000 pa)
- Bonus scheme
- Cash healthcare scheme
- 25 days' paid holiday (plus Bank Holidays), and day off for your birthday!
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly expanding company so please contact one of our Caged Tigers Consultants for a confidential discussion.