CNC Machinist – Miller, Heavy Engineering, Halesowen
My client is a world leader in forging and machining, being very well established in their industry having been around for some 150 years, they have an incomparable reputation for quality and continuous growth. Specialising in producing integral forgings for a range of sectors including defence and aerospace in global markets. Clients include leading engineering companies in the FTSE 250.
They have an exciting opportunity for an experienced CNC Miller to be part of a global company which remains a family run business at heart.
The role of CNC Machinist – Miller, Heavy Engineering
Will report to Machine Shop Manager and will ensure quality machining of components using relevant procedures and methods. Ensure health & safety procedures are followed and to provide training where necessary, main duties listed below:
- Producing parts as required to the specifications and drawings.
- Operating Siemens 840D controls.
- Setting one off components using clamps, angle plates, etc.
- Software use, modelling using Solidworks, programming using NCG Cam (Training will be provided on software).
- Marking off.
- Use of overhead cranes.
- Correctly identifying parts using hard stamping.
- Deburring components.
- Maintaining machinery, swarf removal, routine oiling and greasing etc.
- Carry out daily bookings.
- Adhere to and encourage health and safety methods and procedures.
- Inspection for all components throughout the process.
- Make sure all Machine Shop areas are tidy and organised.
- Forklift truck driving.
- Complete flexibility and mobility of labour as necessary.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented and experienced CNC Machinist or CNC Miller looking to make a fantastic contribution to a well-established and growing company
Great financial rewards on offer including highly competitive rate, weekly programming bonus plus weekly performance bonus.
If reading through this advert excites you then please reach out to email@example.com to arrange an informal discussion.