Consultant Hydrologist (Graduate), Glasgow
My client is a leading Environmental Consultancy with over 21 years’ experience of successfully helping clients to achieve their goals. They are a trusted advisor to clients across a broad range of sectors, including renewables, energy networks, ports and harbours, minerals, residential and commercial. As a result of their ongoing success, they are continuing to grow the business and now require a talented and experienced Consultant Hydrologist to join their team.
Consultant Hydrologist (Graduate) Opportunity
My client offers a flexible work environment, competitive remuneration and benefits package, in-house training programs, a strong emphasis on health and safety, support for continuing education and professional development and the opportunity to work with and learn from other technical experts and professionals.
The Role of Consultant Hydrologist (Graduate)
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual with proven experience in hydrology whose skills and work ethic will complement an experienced and growing water team.
You will preferably be based in the Glasgow office, but the Edinburgh office may also be considered.
The consultant role will principally incorporate the following elements:
- Provide hydrology and modelling support within a large team of hydrologists and engineers for a range hydrological and river basin studies on behalf of both public and private sector clients
- Hydraulic modelling of river and/or coastal environments;
- Hydrological assessments
- Flood risk assessments
- Input into cross-disciplinary projects (e.g. ecology, environmental impact assessment, engineering)
- Liaison with clients, regulators, sub-contractors and colleagues to deliver an effective service.
Consultant Hydrologist (Graduate) Requirements:
- Honours or master’s degree in hydrology or relevant environmental or engineering discipline
- Knowledge of hydraulics, water engineering, geomorphology, river restoration and/or environmental assessment
- Basic knowledge or experience using ArcGIS or similar
- Experience using 1D or 2D modelling packages such as Info works RS, Flood Modeller or HEC-RAS
- Consultancy experience in project management and delivery
- Sound understanding of relevant legislation and guidelines across the UK
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Full UK drivers’ licence
We will consider pro-active / ambitious candidates looking to develop into this role.