A wonderful opportunity exists to join an established and successful company who are expanding and opening a new depot in Somerset.
The new Depot Supervisor will provide comprehensive and effective support to the General Manager / Depot Manager to ensure the smooth running of the site as well as manage the yard based employees in a safe, efficient, and effective manner. The suitable candidate for this role will ideally be experienced in the construction sector and more specifically within the sale and hire of plant equipment and associated tools.
Main responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the day-to-day running of the yard.
- Manage, lead, and mentor all of the yard based employees.
- Undertake training with all yard based employees.
- Ensure the employees you are responsible for undertake their work activities safely and as directed.
- Liaise with the hire office staff on a daily basis in respect of customer equipment requirements.
- Ensure the off-hire process and checks are undertaken as thoroughly as possible.
- Report any damage found on the returned equipment to the hire office straight-away.
- Inspect and visually check all yard areas to ensure they are being kept as clean and tidy as possible through good housekeeping practices.
- Concentrate and fully focus on your tasks and pay due care and attention at all times so as not to cause any accidents or incidents.
- Report any accidents, unsafe conditions/acts, or near misses immediately to your manager.
- Wear all PPE and work wear issued to you at all times whilst in any operational area of the yard.
- Observe, comply with, and strictly adhere to all site, Company, and health and safety rules and regulations.
- Report any problems or performance issues as they are encountered to the General / Depot Manager.
- Carry out any other reasonable requests made of you by your manager, which may include providing temporary cover for any other activity within the business.
- Work flexibly and be receptive and adaptable to a changing environment within a fast paced environment.