EMC Project Manager (Automotive)
A wonderful opportunity exists to join a forward thinking global test organisation, focused mainly on the automotive sector with well over 60 years of experience, this company has forged a reputation of "the go to company" in its sector.
With advancements of the connected and autonomous car, never has RF(Radio Frequency) technologies and EMC (Electromagnetic Compatibility) been more at the forefront of car design.
With its state of the art facilities and ability to provide not only superior testing services but also design input, this organisation is a trusted partner to many of the worlds leading vehicle manufacturers.
As the successful candidate you will be based with a key client in Essex where you will be part of a small team responsible for all aspects of vehicle EMC delivery. You will offer EMC expertise to a large OEM and lead all EMC activities from initial launch through to production.
Key Responsibilities (will include, but are not limited to):
- Customer liaison
- Tracking components and vehicles for EMC compliance
- Risk analysis for potential vehicle / component issues
- Scheduling development vehicles for test
- Wiring and package reviews.
- Project management of multiple large scale project
- Support testing at EMC facility when required in UK
Essential Experience for this role includes:-
- Understanding of EMC test methods and principles
- Relevant Engineering background
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
- Computer literate
Experience for this role includes:-
- Automotive development experience
- Minimum of 5 years EMC/RF knowledge / experience
- Understanding of test facility configuration
- Basic understanding of RF Problem Resolution techniques at Component / Sub-system / Vehicle levels
Essential Knowledge and Skills for this role include:-
- Demonstrate relevant skills with emphasis on EMC project technical delivery
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of the principles behind EMC test specifications and procedures
- Strong, planning, organisational, and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, particularly where technical information must be conveyed in a clear manner – presentation skills must be demonstrated
- Strong customer-facing communication skills
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Office applications
Essential Qualifications for this role include:-
- HNC/HND (BTEC level 4) in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Equivalent time served EMC experience
Preferred Qualifications for this role include:-
- Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or related subject and equivalent time served experience