EMC Test Engineer
Our client is looking to fill the EMC Test Engineer position immediately. The key responsibility of this role is to complete all required EMC testing in an efficient and the appropriate time frame.
This position is to undertake all the duties of an EMC Test Engineer (including antenna, CNE and system calibrations). This activity is to be completed in an efficient and cost effective manner.
An EMC Engineer is to Maintain UKAS and ISO quality standards and departmental adherence to the Company’s Health & Safety Policy, at all times.
They are to undertake their duties in a safe and controlled manner in accordance with the Company’s H & S Policy and adhere to all other company policies (ie. Computer & Telephone Use, Timekeeping, Anti-harassment, Mobile Phones in Vans).
- Undertake the role of an EMC Test Engineer (commercial and military EMC testing, Antenna, CNE and system calibrations.)
- ‘Onsite’ EMC testing as required.
- ‘Other’ testing as and when required (e.g. electrical safety, insulation resistance, power line etc.)
- Contract review and to liaise with customers (and suppliers as necessary) and sales personnel (ie. technical queries, quotations, planning).
- Customer (or to third party) presentations.
- Help the EMC manager to ensure that resources are in place and available, to complete and turn-around work, within Company deadlines.
- To ascertain correctness of information and customer requirements prior to testing (and ensuring same during and after testing).
- Identify customer equipment faults, and/or outside specification and to implement a customer authorised solution.
- Ensure the Company has the appropriate quality standards, procedures and accreditations (ie UKAS, ISO) to carry out and report on the testing and to update the standards, procedures and accreditations as necessary.
- Help the EMC Manager monitor progress and timely completion of work within EMC Laboratory.
- Ensure customer equipment is ‘safety checked’ prior to testing.
- To help train new EMC personnel in, and to ensure, accurate recording and use of EMC and Company software (ie. EMC Scan, manufacturer propriety software, Navigator and/or any other system adopted by the Company).
- Compose, review, check (technical content, adherence to quality standards, grammatical and cross-referencing) reports in accordance with Company and Accredited body (ie UKAS, ISO) requirements and procedures.
- Help in the ongoing review of all EMC certificate and report templates.
- Identify and bring to the attention of the EMC Manager testing equipment requirements (ie new, replacement and maintenance).
- Continual review and implementation of improvements in accordance with all Company Quality Systems.
- Identify and bring to the attention of the EMC Manager, EMC Laboratory personnel development, training needs and recruitment.
- Help to mentor and train EMC test engineers (and other departmental personnel) in EMC application, techniques, and methodology.
- To help the EMC Manager to authorise and approve work methods consistent with good practise and Company policy.
- To assist the EMC Sales office and EMC Manager with EMC sales quotes where needed.
Any other duties required by the EMC Manager, General Manager and/or Board of Directors.