Hardware Design Engineer
- £50k – 55k (negotiable , DOE)
- Excellent benefits
The Hardware Design Engineer will be joining an award winning, industry leading innovator in the computer graphics, video & digital display technology space. Long established, with a global brand & customer base, the Hardware Design Engineer will be a part of the hardware design team that drives this rapidly expanding business to continually deliver innovative, tech driven solutions across diverse sectors such as visual media, military, education & security amongst others.
- £50k – 55k (negotiable, DOE)
- Death In Service
- Career progression opportunities
- Join a renowned, world class organisation
As Hardware Engineer, you will sit within the Hardware Design team, reporting to the lead hardware engineer. You will be involved in the design and de-bug of high bandwidth video systems, taking concepts from design all the way to manufacture.
- The schematic level design of high speed digital and mixed signal systems, in particular designs which include embedded video processors or custom FPGAs.
- Board bring-up and debug.
- Hardware validation and handover to production engineering.
- Selection, analysis and design-in of complex SoC devices (graphics processors, video processors, video interfaces)
- Participation in technical reviews and assessment of technical risks associated with designs.
- Provision of ongoing technical support for customers and manufacturing partners.
You will have
- Development experience and proficiency in designing and debugging complex electronic circuits that include FPGAs, high bandwidth memory subsystems, digital and analog signalling and embedded processors.
- Understanding of high speed signalling and interconnection principles.
- Experience of high speed networking
- Understanding of complex multi-rail power supply design.
- Experience of Mentor DX Designer (now VX) or similar high end schematic tools.
- Strong team working and communications skills are required to ensure efficient interfacing between chip level design (FPGA or embedded firmware), board level design and PCB layout.
- Good understanding of PCB layout principles including design for EMI and low noise power distribution.
For the right Hardware Engineer this is a chance to join a true industry leader, in a challenging and rewarding environment, working on cutting edge tech & innovation. Sound interesting? Please apply & all suitable candidates will be contacted asap.