IT Manager, Cyber-Security Software Company, Worcester – WR1
My client is a rapidly growing and ambitious company that provides industry-leading cyber-security software to hundreds of reputable customers, such as the U.S. Department of Defense, Mastercard and HP. From humble beginnings to trading in 90+ countries, thousands of end-users and 50+ industry awards under their belt, a true global brand.
With an exciting and impactful vision to “remove hackers’ easy options,” this team’s focus is to innovate intelligent automation systems that automatically find and fix risks. As my clients its next phase of growth, they are now looking for a talented and experienced IT Manager to not only oversee the company’s IT provision but to also scale IT systems & processes in order to deliver ambitious growth plans.
To confidently and successfully deliver this, we are looking for a driven, dynamic and proven IT Manager from the Tech Sector, who values automation and aligns with my client’s vision. Ideally this person will also have an interest in development of enterprise solution test infrastructure.
Other responsibilities of IT Manager include (but is not limited to):
- Management of a small IT team
- Propose, plan, project-manage and implement improvements/changes to IT systems in line with business requirements and industry best practice.
- Hands on involvement in the maintenance, security and protection of IT infrastructure.
- Operate in line with business values, vision, goals and objectives.
IT Manager - Minimum Skills and Experience Required:
- Internal networking, especially switching, routing and VLANs
- External networking, such as fibre broadband, DNS zones and cPanel
- Windows Server 2016 and Active Directory
- Office 2016 with on-premises Exchange 2016 and OWA
- VMware vSphere and Veeam Backup & Replication
- Enterprise antivirus packages such as Sophos Enterprise
- Use of helpdesk software such as Atlassian Service Desk
IT Manager - Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Dell servers, workstations and laptops
- VoIP phone systems such as 3CX
- Cisco AnyConnect VPN
- Experience of various firewalls and network security devices
- Administration of Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Administration of the Atlassian suite such as JIRA, Bamboo and BitBucket
- Experience of implementing IT infrastructure in multiple locations
- CentOS or other Linux installations
- Proxy servers
- Certificate generation using OpenSSL and public providers
Values and Behaviours Required:
- Collaborate and contribute solutions
- Bring your best attitude and look for opportunities
- Be open, honest and act with integrity
- Build positive working relationships with stakeholders, colleagues and clients
- Take ownership, be your “best self” and drive your career
- Be proactive in your learning and development
- Learn from mistakes
As part of a high-performing team, you will be rewarded with a competitive benefit package and a positive work environment. My client values its talented team and commits to supporting and celebrating their successes. They encourage a culture of honesty and integrity and they commit to removing barriers to improving working practices.
Excellent package on offer including Flexible working, generous holiday package with duvet days, competitive healthcare plan, 5% pension scheme, gym vouchers, casual dress code plus lots more…