A wonderful opportunity exists to join an established and successful company who are expanding and opening a new depot in Somerset.
The new LGV Driver/Labourer will provide comprehensive and effective support to the General Manager / Depot Supervisor to ensure the smooth running of the site as well as manage the yard based employees in a safe, efficient, and effective manner, and deliver and collect equipment from customers whilst providing excellent customer service. The suitable candidate for this role will ideally be experienced in the construction sector and more specifically within the hire of plant equipment and associated tools.
Main responsibilities include:
- Undertake your vehicle checks to ensure the vehicle is in a safe and roadworthy condition prior to it being driven onto the public highway and report any defects to your manager via the defect reporting procedure.
- Deliver and collect hire equipment to and from customers and sites and be polite and courteous at all times.
- Operate the crane on the Company’s vehicle as and when required when delivering and collecting hire equipment from customers and sites.
- Undertake haulage delivery and collections of third-party equipment, as and when needed.
- Ensure and double-check that the load being carried on the Company vehicle you are driving is safe and secure as load security is the responsibility of the driver.
- Comply with and adhere to The Highway Code, Drivers Hours Regulations, the Working Time (Road Transport) Regulations, Tachograph legislation, and any other driver related legislation.
- Ensure all hire documentation and paper work is completed correctly and accurately and that a customer’s signature is always obtained.
- Ensure your vehicle (including the cab) is kept clean and tidy and remains in a well-presented condition.
- Carry out all labouring duties as and when required.
- Concentrate and fully focus on your tasks and pay due care and attention at all times whilst driving so as not to cause any accidents or incidents and be courteous to all other road users and vulnerable road users.
- Report any vehicle damage and road traffic accidents and incidents to your manager.
- Report any accidents, unsafe conditions/acts, or near misses immediately to your manager.
- Wear all PPE and work wear issued to you at all times whilst carrying out your working duties.
- Observe, comply with, and strictly adhere to all site, Company, and health and safety rules and regulations.
- Report any problems as they are encountered to your manager.
- Complete all driver paperwork using clear and legible handwriting and ensure it is submitted to the office.
- Carry out any other reasonable requests made of you by your manager, which may include undertaking any other work activity within the business where you are skill/competent and trained to do so.
- Work flexibly and be receptive and adaptable to a changing environment within a fast-paced environment.