NDT Technician, Halesowen
My client is a world leader in forging and machining, being very well established in their industry having been around for some 150 years, they have an incomparable reputation for quality and continuous growth. Specialising in producing integral forgings for a range of sectors including defence and aerospace in global markets. Clients include leading engineering companies in the FTSE 250.
They have an exciting opportunity for an experienced NDT Technician to be part of a global company which remains a family run business at heart.
Main Duties & Responsibilities of NDT Technician
- To carry out NDT inspections using Ultrasonic Testing (UT) Forgings, Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI) both black ink and fluorescent, and Dye Penetrant Inspection (DPI) both visual and fluorescent.
- Carry out all daily checks in accordance with specifications:
- Complete UT equipment daily checks in accordance with SOP4, logging results on SF057 and SF058 (Company internal procedures
- DPI and MPI checks in accordance with relevant specifications before carrying out inspection i.e. Light levels logging in folders for specific area.
- Carry out NDT inspection as required by operations to relevant specifications, prioritised by NDT supervisor at locations both internal and sub-contractor facilities, to relevant specifications and procedures.
- Report all defective component’s firstly to NDT Supervisor for assessment, if considered defective create report to submit to Test House Manager and Quality.
- Raise NDT certificate for jobs that requires certification according to specific technique or relevant specification (Customer and International) on system file.
- Assist in creating NDT procedures to customer /international specifications
- Report any NDT related issues with route cards to NDT supervisor or test house manager.
- Report any surface cracking/forge defects that can be removed by light dressing on QPN form and contact the relevant department supervisor.
- Carry out spark testing on epoxy coatings as instructed by NDT supervisor.
- Assist with customer visits on NDT related matters as instructed by NDT supervisor.
- Assist in investigation of scrap issues including steel claims
- Assist in internal and external audits relevant to NDT.
- Work and adhere to HSE and Environment guidelines on site
- Maintain office housekeeping and infrastructure.
- To perform such duties as generally correspond to the nature of the position and its level of responsibility as requested by NDT Supervisor or Test house manager.
NDT Technician Requirements:
Minimum requirement PCN Level II in UT forgings, MPI and DPI
Previous experience in Forge environment advantageous.
Training will be given to obtain further subject qualifications if necessary.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented and experienced NDT Technician looking to make a fantastic contribution to a well-established and growing company
If reading through this advert excites you then please reach out to email@example.com to arrange an informal discussion.