Working for a world-renowned Test House. This wonderful opportunity to join the ever-expanding electrical Safety team has arisen. Testing products from a varied sector background such as Aerospace, Defence, Electronics &#038; Consumer, Machinery, Marine, Medical, Rail and Telecommunications sectors…..means every day could be varied.
We are looking for an experienced Electrical Safety Engineer who will help customers achieve CE marking, global market access and product compliance for a range of electrical devices. The applicant will have good interpersonal skills, a confidence working face-to-face with clients in this customer facing role and an aspiration to progress as a Product Safety Specialist in a global compliance organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carrying out electrical safety testing and design assessments at the test house and customers sites.
- Identification of compliance requirements and strategies with the ability to apply these using pragmatic and common-sense approach.
- Conducting factory inspections.
-Compilation of test summaries and reports in support of testing and certification activities.
- Conducting peer reviews of documentation and reports.
- Ensuring the quality and throughput of work and, that projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in Electrical/Electronic engineering.
- Electrical safety testing experience, with knowledge of electrical safety standards and test laboratory quality and operating procedures.
- Good understanding and hands-on experience of electrical/electronic circuits.
- IT skills using MS office suite of programs.
- Confident with good interpersonal skills and a commitment to ‘get the job done’.
- Comfortable working as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Willing to work off-site at clients’ premises and occasional overseas trips.
- Full driving licence.
Knowledge of global certification procedures