Property Manager, Islington
My client is an established, friendly and successful private London based property investment and development company, they own and manage a substantial commercial and residential portfolio – in excess of 1500 commercial properties looking after approx. 5,000 tenants, their focus is primarily within Central London although they do have investments within selected regions throughout the UK.
This position of Property Manager involves comprehensively and professionally assisting with the management of mixed use and mixed tender properties. The main focus is on Residential Long Leasehold properties and the collection of service charges, ground rents and insurance payments.
The role of Property Manager is mainly office based with occasional travel with the following primary responsibilities (this list is not exhaustive):
- Responsible for managing a portfolio (commercial and residential).
- Manage service charges, insurance and ground rents, ensuring demands are issued and funds collected promptly.
- Manage arrears on the leasehold portfolio; including issuing reminder letters, chasing payments by email or phone; collecting and allocating payments to tenants’ accounts accordingly and in line with Department procedures.
- Monthly reporting on aged debt and queries. Instructing reactive and proactive maintenance as and when required.
- Handling service charge queries and disputes including as necessary attendance at tribunals, mediation and court (accompanied by a Solicitor and / or Line Manager
- Effectively liaising with Solicitors, Directors and Partners in respect of arrears.
- Overseeing and assisting with Health & Safety requirements of the portfolio, following Company procedures including updating the Company Health & Safety database.
- Dealing with lease assignments and updating the internal database (Horizon).
- Dealing with all Notices of Transfer and Charge as well as updating the internal database accordingly.
- Assisting and supporting consent to sub-let applications.
- Assisting with the long leasehold fixed rent reviews. Liaising with all leaseholders / tenants and contractors
- Liaising with various internal departments such as Legal, Finance Ensuring records of document are maintained i.e. filing and scanning documents(i.e. Leases, plans, licenses etc)
Requirements of Property Manager:
- You will have previous experience in managing a portfolio of commercial and residential properties
- You will have experience of dealing with multiple tenants at any one time
- You demonstrate excellent numerical skills
- You can prioritise workload and work well under pressure
- You will be an excellent communicator – both written and verbal