Quality Assurance (QA) Technician, Halesowen
My client is a world leader in forging and machining, being very well established in their industry having been around for some 150 years, they have an incomparable reputation for quality and continuous growth. Specialising in producing integral forgings for a range of sectors including defence and aerospace in global markets. Clients include leading engineering companies in the FTSE 250.
They have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Quality Assurance Technician to be part of a global company which remains a family run business at heart.
Main Duties & Responsibilities of QA Technician
- Compile customer certification to facilitate sale of goods in a timely and accurate manner.
- Liaise with IACS surveyors to complete certification to customer requirements.
- Stamp/identify test pieces.
- Conduct basic contract review to facilitate accurate customer certification.
- Liaise with customers in professional manner on certification requirements.
- Learn basic mechanical testing for certification purposes.
- Deal with F.A.I.R. and Concessions for customers’ orders.
- Provide technical support to production and commercial teams on any aspect of documentation.
- Support during customer and third-party audits (BSI, Lloyds, BAE etc.).
- Work and adhere to HSE and Environment guidelines on site
- To perform such duties as generally correspond to the nature of the position and its level of responsibility as requested by Test house manager.
QA Technician Requirements:
- Computer literacy and a good understanding of drawing requirements and technical specifications is a must due to the nature of position.
- Good understanding of all manufacturing processes.
- Able to prioritise and organise work load to book priorities.
- Previous experience in Forge environment advantageous.
- Training will be given to obtain further subject qualifications if necessary.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented and experienced QA Technician looking to make a fantastic contribution to a well-established and growing company
If reading through this advert excites you then please reach out to email@example.com to arrange an informal discussion.