Safety Test Engineer, Hull
Our client is the UK’s leading testing business who have created a world beating reputation for testing, validation and certification of products helping their clients win new business and access new markets faster and more effectively.
As a result of a fabulous 2018 they need to continue this success into 2019 by bringing in a new Safety Test Engineer for their Hull office. The role will be based out of the Hull location but may involve occasional work off site at client’s premises.
The ideal Safety Test Engineer will work in a small team and is responsible to the Director of Safety within the established Medical and Electrical Safety testing business.
- The ideal candidate will be qualified to BTEC HND or higher in a relevant discipline (electrical, mechanical or electronic engineering) and have proven aptitude for safety related approvals testing and certification of medical devices.
- Proven experience of test and assessment to IEC 60950-1, IEC 62368-1, IEC 61010-1 and/or IEC 60335-1 would be an advantage.
- A Senior Test Engineer role could be available for an experienced candidate.
Job Description of Safety Test Engineer
- To supervise the testing and conduct the assessment of equipment in accordance with recognised standards including the IEC 60950-1, IEC 62368-1 IEC 61010-1 and/or IEC 60335-1. An understanding of ISO 17025 is also required.
- To manage their own projects and those of test technicians and test engineers.
- To work with other testing laboratory staff to meet the commercial and quality objectives of the business.
- To apply technical knowledge of the standards during planning of tests and assessment of equipment.
- To generate reports and review reports and test records of other testing laboratory staff.
- To undertake other reasonable tasks as they are allocated.
Key Skills for Safety Test Engineer
- Good communicator, both written and verbally with the ability to converse with colleagues.
- Computer literate with knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Organised with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Team player with a demonstrated personal commitment and drive and the ability to get the job done.
There is huge potential with this position to rapidly grow and develop as part of a key team within a hugely successful business and brand.
You will rapidly become a vital cog in the business and be rewarded for hard work and success in this true meritocracy.