Sales Executive – Engineering Business Development
£40,000- £50,000 plus Benefits (OTE £70k)
- Our client is a highly mechanized, engineering business with a fantastic reputation across the globe.
- They adopt the very latest forging techniques using their range of cutting edge equipment to produce open die forgings from 1 kg to in excess of 50,000 kg in weight, with lengths of up to 23 meters (75 feet).
- Utilizing 24 automatically controlled, gas fired furnaces they employ the very latest heat treatment techniques.
- They sell their engineering solutions predominantly into the defense and aerospace industries. Their main client is BAE Systems who they have worked with for generations.
Job Profile and Description
We are looking for a competitive and experienced Sales Executive to support us to grow our business. You will be responsible for developing new sales prospects and maintaining customer satisfaction.
The goal is to meet and surpass the company’s expectations to drive rapid and sustainable growth in diversifying both our sector and customer base, globally.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute to the overall direction and strategy of the business. This includes providing input to the vision which then needs to be articulated into future Business Plans
- Formulating, obtaining agreement for and executing long-term strategy to profitably grow the Company's penetration into target markets
- Identifying emerging customer and sector trends, market intelligence and working with customers to exploit opportunities by driving the development of new and existing accounts, product portfolio, pricing and sales plans to maximise the sales pipeline
- Ensure that regular and appropriate Marketing activity and campaigns are being undertaken in line with the agreed strategy and direction for the business
- Lead the development of relationships with business-critical customers and suppliers to ensure the foundations of the business are secure and long term partnerships are protected and expanded.
- Deployment of the policy, processes, metrics and skills necessary to improve the sales capability.
- Using metrics to monitor performance of the teams against Annual Plan/Forecasts and initiate, when necessary, action to secure "back on track" performance
- Conduct market research to identify selling possibilities and evaluate customer needs
- Use all platforms to advertise the company, increasingly social media avenues are required to play their part in the business
- Actively seek out new sales opportunities through cold calling, networking and research
- Set up meetings with potential clients to understand their requirements
- Develop appropriate Marketing campaigns/plans
- Prepare and deliver appropriate presentations on products and processes
- Create frequent reviews and reports with sales and financial data
- Participate on behalf of Somers forge in exhibitions or conferences
- Negotiate/close deals and handle complaints or objections
- Collaborate with team to achieve better results
- Identify potential customers and create sales in the various UK and global markets.
- Communicate effectively with both customers and Somers employees.
- Engage in regular contact with existing customers
- Present quotations in a timely and effective manner
- Investigate and use market intelligence regarding the activities of competitors
- Supply feedback from new and existing customers
- Attend regular sales meetings held at Halesowen (When on site) but minimum of one day per week
- Updating and maintaining estimation quotation database
- To monitor, achieve and surpass KPI’s and budgeted sales
- Close working relationship with all areas of sales and manufacturing departments.
- Communicate with new businesses and customers.
- Liaising with customers to give the most accurate feedback regarding pricing, delivery and on time delivery
- Proven experience as a sales executive (Business Development) or relevant role
- Ability to travel when necessary
- Proficiency in English
- A good understanding of open die forging and machining.
- Sales experience in the Heavy Engineering Industry would be an advantage
- Good understanding of forging and machining would be an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of MS office
- Thorough understanding of marketing and negotiating techniques
- Fast learner and passion for sales
- Self-motivated with a results-driven approach