Sales Order Administrator – 12 Month Contract to cover maternity leave
(high possibility permanent position will be available by end of 12-month contract due to ongoing company expansion)
My client offers the latest solutions and technologies for Managed Network Services, Wireless Networking, Unified Communications, Network and Data Security is looking for an IT literate and responsible Administrator to work within the Sales Department assisting them with administration requirements.
The role of Sales Order Administrator
Reporting in to Head of Sales, the ideal candidate will be responsible for the end-to-end flow of an order from the point of receipt to the time it is handed over to Resourcing and Engineering. The Order Manager should be autonomous and able to make decisions based on a strategic understanding of my client’s objectives. The candidate will also need to appreciate how best to achieve these objectives in the most efficient fashion.
Duties of Sales Order Administrator
- Processing internal sales orders.
- Placing orders with Suppliers & managing those Suppliers to ensure the needs & the desired lead-times of my client and that of customers are met.
- Order Entry
- Production of Purchase Orders
- Awareness of profit margins & realising improvements, where possible
- Receipt of Goods & management of Goods-In area
- Assisting with Invoicing
- Production of Support contracts
- Renewal Notifications
- Managing Suppliers
Ideal Sales Order Administrator Candidate
- You should be confident and personable, and be comfortable liaising with customers, suppliers and company employees.
- You should have demonstrable relevant experience, with a least 2yrs of recent, uninterrupted, service in a similar role, ideally in the technology sector.
- The role is an information-based role, so strong IT literacy is a must.
- The role involves a lot of data input, so touch typing skills would be beneficial.
- It will be important for the Order Manager to be able to evaluate large sets of data. As such, intermediary Excel User skills are required, with the ability to display the use and value of formulas, pivots and macros.
- Excellent time management
Salary & Benefits
There is a very competitive package on offer to the right, paying £21,000-£24,000 per annum depending on experience. There is parking available. Commute by public transport is possible with the nearest training station being 1.7 miles away.