Senior ExTL Project Engineer, Skelmersdale
My client is the leader in Testing, Inspection, Certification and Calibration Services, they have an opportunity for a new Senior ExTL Project Engineer (Flameproof & Mechanical) to join its growing team.
Their Ex Protection Test Laboratory in Skelmersdale undertakes test and assessment projects of explosion protected equipment (Ex Products). These products are assessed against the requirements of ATEX, IECEx and HAZLOC schemes such that the products are safe for use in a potentially explosive atmosphere. Assessment reports are submitted to the Element Certification Body for the issue of ATEX & IECEx Certificates.
Candidates at all levels will be considered for this opportunity.
We are looking to hear from Electrical and Electronics Graduates who are looking to kick start their career in the Ex and product qualification industry. This is truly a fantastic opportunity to work with some of the most well-respected experts in the field whilst investing in your personal and professional development.
We also want to hear from you if you are an experienced Ex professional, keen to develop your career with one of the world's leading and fastest growing testing, inspection & product qualification companies in the world.
Senior ExTL Project Engineer Responsibilities
- Full responsibility for the planning and delivery of Ex assessment projects
- Establish a project test plan and arrange the testing within the department (in some cases carrying out the testing) to ensure multiple customer projects run concurrently
- Liaise with customers both prior to projects commencing and during project delivery to provide timely and accurate communication
- Review project reports issued by colleagues for peer review to ensure all reports passed to the certification body have the required sign off from the test laboratory
- Provide supervisory expertise / advice / discussion to colleagues
Senior ExTL Project Engineer Requirements
- Detailed understanding of Ex certification schemes (ATEX, IECEx, HAZLOC)
- Experience in conducting test and assessment projects within an Ex Test Lab environment
- Detailed working knowledge of the following assessments standards:
- IEC 60079-0 (General Requirements)
- IEC 60079-1 (Flameproof Protection Concepts)
- IEC 60079-7 (Increased safety)
- IEC 60079-15 (Protection type ‘n’)
- IEC 60079-31 (Dust ignition protection by enclosure)
- ISO 80079-36 (Non-electrical basic requirements)
- ISO 80079-37 (Non-electrical concepts “c”, “b” and “k”
- Prior responsibility for peer review of Ex Test Lab reports
- Ability to carry out Ex testing required by the standards listed above and provide supervisory advice / guidance to colleagues on test procedures