Senior PHP Web Developer, South Cerney, Cirencester
Are you a Senior PHP Web Developer looking for your next challenge working for a successful and dynamic business?
My client is the largest Private Health Insurance Intermediary in the UK, they are seeking an experienced, pragmatic and focused Senior PHP Web Developer to work from their modern offices located in South Cerney. This is a senior position held within their IT Software Team, the ideal candidate would play an integral role in the creation of a new cloud-based platform on microservices to support the company’s expanding business.
What’s in it for you:
- A high basic salary up to £38k - £48k depending on experience
- Discounted PMI
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Fantastic working environment
As a Senior PHP Software Developer, you must have:
- 5+ years’ experience at mid to senior level in a commercial software development environment
- Full LAMP stack developer
- Senior level PHP 7 using OOP and appropriate IDEs
- Excellent Laravel 5 and all associated tools (npm, composer, webpack, etc.) and 'best practice'
- Excellent front-end framework knowledge preferably React
- Experience working in Agile teams from requirements, wireframes, user stories, etc.
- Experience working with web services (XML/JSON/REST)
- Working understanding of security practices, e.g. authentication methods, avoiding web app vulnerabilities, etc.
Senior PHP Software Developer nice to have:
- MySQL and Eloquent
- Experience with node.js
- Experience with Kubernetes and microservices
- TDD approach
- GIT Workflow experience
- Experience with SPAs
- Experience with GCP
- Experience with CI / CD
- Background knowledge of FinTech (insurance)
The ideal Senior PHP Software Developer will be:
- A team player with good communication skills
- A self-starting analytical problem solver
- Keen to be involved in delivering software projects through the full software development life cycle: from requirements gathering to testing and roll out
- Prepared to step up and troubleshoot support calls as and when needed