We are on the look out for a talented Senior EMC Engineer.
The successful candidate will have a wealth of experience in EMC testing with a particular focus on Mil/Aerospace. An excellent knowledge of MIL-STD-461, DEF-STAN 59-411 and RTCA-DO-160. Several years experience working within a recognised EMC test laboratory (ideally UKAS accredited) would be preferable but not essential.
Setting up and performing EMC tests to military and civil test methods
- Keeping accurate test logs
- Writing of technical test Reports
- Writing of test Plans and procedures to enable testing of customer specific equipment against specification requirements.
- Improving test methods and practices to reduce lifecycle times
- Flexibility in working hours
In addition the following would also be an advantage
- A good understanding of ISO17025 for UKAS accreditation.
- Set up and achieving of high field strengths for testing above 1000V/m. This includes understanding field propagation and measurement techniques.
- Performing gap analysis of new specifications in order to have them incorporated into the UKAS Schedule.
- Ability to generate Measurement Of Uncertainty budgets
- A good understanding of RF test equipment and the various vendors
- A good understanding of automated test set ups and control software.
This is a great opportunity for a career in a fast growing organisation. The successful candidate would have opportunities to be part of a fully equipped ‘one-stop’ Qualification department with a diverse and extensive customer base.