Supply Chain Co-ordinator, Halesowen
My client is a world leader in forging and machining, being very well established in their industry having been around for some 150 years, they have an incomparable reputation for quality and continuous growth. Specialising in producing integral forgings for a range of sectors including defence and aerospace in global markets. Clients include leading engineering companies in the FTSE 250.
They have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Supply Chain Co-ordinator to be part of a global company which remains a family run business at heart.
Supply Chain Co-ordinator
Responsibility for successful initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of a project, primarily with the sub contract machining supply base. Excellent organisational skills. Strong interpersonal skills. Good communication and negotiation skills. The ability to use your initiative and make decisions under pressure, while mitigating any risk where possible. Managing customer expectations and reporting on a timely basis.
Liaise with sales, production, capacity planning, quality and estimating departments, as well as the supply chain. Ability to work in a methodical, accurate manner to select, evaluate and monitor sub-contractors. To preserve the reputation of the Company to ensure the product and materials are compliant to the order.
Key responsibilities Supply Chain Co-ordinator:
- Manage the sub contract life cycle to include: planning work and critical dates, organise resources and set deadlines with sub-contractors in line with the Company and customer needs to ensure demands are met.
- Visit the supply base on a regular basis to evaluate timelines and performance, while maintaining and building good relationships.
- Ensuring that the sub contract schedule and milestones are reflected by, and integrated with the overall programme schedule
- To understand and interpret working drawings and sales order requirements. Good knowledge and understanding of machining methods
- Issue production documentation in a timely manner and ensure compliance with relevant industry codes.
- Monitor and co-ordinate work to ensure it’s on time and within budget.
- Manage updates & report regularly, accurate information to management, departmental managers and third-party sub-contractors.
- To negotiate sub contract orders and monitor sub-contractor’s performance ensuring critical dates are met.
- Communication of contractual changes to Customer, Supplier, departmental managers and business colleagues in a timely manner.
- To resolve contract related issues that come up whether internally or externally and oversee the product build and complete contract close out.
- To maintain a co-ordinated approach towards procurement and contract management for the Company. Seeking value for money, relationship and performance management of suppliers. Serving as a single point of contact for all contractual and purchasing matters.
- Procurement of production & non-production items. Explore different purchasing options to maintain or improve the Company’s budgets.
- To provide support to other managers when required.
Proven experience and skills in Project Management gained within an Engineering / Machining environment. Knowledge of Production Capacity planning and ERP is desirable. Heavy engineering knowledge would be an advantage.