Job Title: Technical Support Technician
Company Location: Reading
Our client is a world leading pioneer of test and measurement equipment and systems specialising in Mobile and RF/Microwave Test and Measurement Solutions. With a global reach and recognition they have a proven track record and an enviable reputation in providing our customers with high quality technical solutions to their complete testing needs.
Do you want to put the theory into real-world practice in a dynamic and pioneering environment?
This is your opportunity to join the team to deliver remote diagnostic and technology support and technical services to external customers and our strategic partners.
The Remote Technical Support Engineer is a key player in the customer value chain and you are critical in supporting our customer’s technical problems. You'll learn how to provide timely and effective on-line technical support; clarifying, analysing and resolving technical problems of varied scope and complexity.
You will be required to demonstrate a broad knowledge of instrumentation, applications and technologies.
This position requires high energy, a good attitude and teamwork, to drive cost effective problem resolution for our customers. Strong customer focus, technical competence and flexibility to adapt to new technologies, are key success factors.
- Be responsible for interfacing with existing or potential customers, sales and/or service representatives and partners to handle a variety of general information, pre-sales or post-sales enquiries.
- Provide timely and effective remote pre and post sales technical support, solving technical problems of varied scope and complexity.
- Leverage post sales interactions with customers to probe and qualify further revenue opportunities.
- University degree or equivalent in Electronic Engineering or Communications Engineering.
- Solid understanding of T&M fundamentals, with experience working in T&M related businesses, a key advantage.
- Basic programming skills applied in a T&M environment using programming languages such as VEE, LabView, MATLAB ® and Visual Basic.
- Basic understanding of RF/MW fundamentals with practical experience using RF/MW test equipment.
- Strong organisational skills, ability to multi-task, prioritise and work well under pressure.
- Strong English written and oral communication essential.
- Full clean UK driving license, a key advantage.
You will be an enthusiastic, self-motivated, results driven technical professional. With a proven track record in a related technical support role you will be passionate about sales and providing your customers with the right technical solution for their needs and issues.
For the right candidate, we will offer:
- A competitive salary, negotiable upon experience and track record
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private Medical cover (optional)
If you feel you are that Technical Support Professional we are looking for please send your CV to Jason Blakemore.